Fontana Same Day Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can be a necessary way to protect the health and structure of your teeth. With our invested technology from CEREC, same day dental crowns are now an option! You’ll be back to chewing and biting as well as you were before your tooth was damaged in no time. Hope Family Dentistry is proud to offer Fontana same day dental crowns.
What exactly is a dental crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that covers a damaged tooth. This will give the tooth a similar appearance while returning its shape, size, color, and strength.
Dental crowns come in varying types and materials. Crowns can be made of stainless steel, ceramic, resin, porcelain, gold and other metals. The type of crown needed will depend on the specific need of the affected tooth, patient and cost.
Why do I need one?
A dental crown may be needed for a variety of reasons. These mostly differ for primary and permanent teeth.
- Holding in place a dental bridge.
- Improving the aesthetics of the tooth.
- Replacing damaged or discolored teeth.
- Protecting a decayed or cracked tooth from further damage.
- Concealing a large tooth filling.
- Using as a dental implant cover.
- Helping to keep a tooth too damaged to support a filling.
- Lowering how often general anesthesia is used on a child.
- Protecting the oral health of a child with significant too decay because of poor oral hygiene.
Same day dental crown procedure
Same day dental crowns by CEREC have been a method used worldwide by dentists for over 25 years. CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or CEramic REConstruction. The CEREC technology allows patients to have a complete dental prosthesis made of ceramic in one visit! That means no follow up appointment and no uncomfortable temporary crown! The dental procedure for same day dental crowns at Belmont Dental Care with CEREC is as follows:
Benefits of same day dental crowns:
- No impressions needed – no more gaging on impression material while you wait for it to harden. The camera used on your mouth only takes seconds to capture the entire area and send the image to the computer.
- One visit only – our dentists are able to place the dental crown in one visit and typically takes around one hour. No follow-up appointment needed. You don’t have to take extra time off work or alter your plans in any way.
- Minimal injections – with having only one visit, your dentist will only need to numb the site once. Patients with a fear of needles can receive enormous relief by having only one injection instead of two.
- No temporary prosthesis – temporary crowns can be incredibly uncomfortable and make eating difficult. With CEREC no temporary crown is inserted, only the final crown that was made designed and milled specifically for you.
- Aesthetic solution – CEREC creates ceramic crowns so your crown will look, feel and function like a normal tooth.
Typical dental crown procedure
If your dentist believes the damage to your tooth is significant enough to require a crown the first thing they will do is take an x-ray. If risk of infection or damage to the tooth’s pulp has been detected then a root canal may be necessary.
After the dentist has decided to place a dental crown, they will use anesthesia to numb the damaged tooth and surrounding gum tissue. Next, they will file down the tooth to make room for the crown. The amount of tooth removed depends on the size and type of crown being used. If too much of your tooth is missing the dentist will build up the tooth in order to support the crown.
Next, the dentist will take a digital impression of your tooth, which they will send to the in-office milling machine where your permanent dental crown will be made. There is roughly 20-30 minutes of down time while the crown is being milled and prepared. The crown will then be tried in to ensure the size, fit and color are correct. Assuming the crown is acceptable they will cement the permanent crown and you are ready to go.
After care instructions
This is simple! Once the procedure is complete you will care for the crown the same way you care for the rest of your teeth. Use proper dental hygiene, which includes flossing daily, brushing twice a day, and paying especially close attention to the health of your gums.
At Hope Family Dentistry Fontana we will be happy to answer any additional questions or concerns you may have about same day dental crowns in Fontana, CA. We want to ensure you are as comfortable as possible with the procedure and your future oral health. Save time and money with same day dental crowns by CEREC!
Hope Family Dentistry
17185 Arrow Blvd.
Fontana, CA 92335
Phone: (909) 587-2474
|Monday:||9am - 6pm|
|Tuesday:||9am - 6pm|
|Wednesday:||9am - 6pm|
|Thursday:||9am - 6pm|
|Friday:||9am - 6pm|